Protect the safety of children with TÜV SÜD
Toy brands, manufacturers, retailers and importers are facing unprecedented challenges in today’s global marketplace. There is growing knowledge and understanding of the risks posed by hazardous substances and poor designs. As a result, the regulatory landscape is becoming increasingly stringent worldwide.
From design review to product testing, pre and post-shipment inspections, factory audits and retail audit testing, TÜV SÜD’s comprehensive range of solutions allows our customers throughout the entire supply chain to demonstrate their commitment to product quality and safety.
TÜV SÜD supports manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and brands by performing the necessary tests depending on the market in which the toy is to be sold and nature of the product:
- EU: EN 71 European Standard for Toys, REACH regulation, EU Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC
- US: CPSIA, ASTM F963, FDA, California Prop 65
- Canada: Hazardous Products (Toys) Regulations
- Australia and New Zealand: AS/NZS ISO 8124
- China: GB 6675-2003 National SafetyTechnical Code for Toys, GB 19865-2005 safety of electric toys
- International: ISO 8124-1:2009 Safety of Toys
Our services at a glance