Construct a reliable brand reputation
Service availability and safety is the key to success in the building equipment market. Building occupants depend on the safe and efficient functioning of equipment such as lift systems, escalators, automatic parking systems, gates, doors and windows to effectively carry out their day-to-day operations.
TÜV SÜD provides a complete suite of one-stop testing, certification, inspection, assessments and assurance services for building equipment manufacturers to support them throughout their product life cycle. From the design and development stage, TÜV SÜD works alongside building equipment manufacturers to bring their product to the market. For building equipment in operations, TÜV SÜD also provides manufacturers with services to ensure support the operations and modernisation process.
Our services enable manufacturers to build a positive brand reputation through reduction in equipment downtime while managing their risks and liability by meeting all safety requirements necessary.
Our services at a glance
Design and development
- Energy efficiency classification
- Safety systems
- Risk and hazard assessments
- Support with preparing tender documentations and meeting tender specifications
- Consultancy of the design of refrigeration products
- Design consultancy for thermal engineering products (heating boilers, gas fired air heaters, control systems, shut-off apparatus as well as boiling, baking and grill devices)
Manufacturing and installation
- Quality assurance during construction
- Function and stress testing
- Review of technical documentation, design drawings and circuit diagrams
- Comparison of finished product with planning specifications
- Construction monitoring and testing of refrigeration systems
- Testing and certification of HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) products
Placing on market
- Conformity assessment in accordance with Lift Directive 95/16/EC and Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Certification and production monitoring of quality assurance systems (Lift Directive 95/16/EC)
- EC type examinations
- AECO (Accredited Elevator and Escalator Certification Organization) certifications (ASME)